Updated: July 1, 2020
Information We Collect
We collect information that personally identifies you, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and other data (“Personal Information”) that you choose to provide us. Personal Information does not include deidentified or aggregate data. We may ask you to provide your Personal Information when you contact us through the Site, respond to surveys, and at other times. We may also receive your Personal Information from third parties.
If you correspond with West Pace via e-mail, the postal service, or other forms of communication, we may retain such correspondence and the information contained therein to respond to your inquiry or for the purpose of sending you West Pace news or other related West Pace information. If you do not wish to receive such notifications, you may express your preference to not be contacted by sending a letter, calling, or e-mailing us using the contact information found on our “Contact Us” page.
Cookies, Usage Data, Advertising, and Online Tracking
A Cookie is a small piece of text that is placed on your website browser when you visit a website. These include our own first-party Cookies as well as third-party Cookies of our Service Providers and marketing partners. Some Cookies are only stored temporarily and destroyed each time you close your web browser. Our Site also uses persistent Cookies, which are not deleted when you close your browser and may collect and store data for a set period of time after you’ve left our Site. You can find out more about Cookies in general and how they work at Cookiepedia.
- Website Operation. Cookies help us run our Site securely and enable basic functions like page navigation.
- Performance and Analytics. Cookies help us analyze how you interact with our Site. This enables us to monitor and improve our Site performance, services, and your experience. For example, our first-party cookies track and assign identifiers to you including: domain name, browser type and operating system, web pages viewed, links clicked, IP address, MAC address, Unique Device Identifiers (UID), other persistent identifiers, time spent on the Site, and the referring URL (the webpage) that led you to our Site (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data helps us track how many users visit the Site, how long our users stay, how users interact with the Site, and other performance metrics. Your Usage Data may be combined with the Personal Information you provide to us.
- Advertisements. Cookies allow us to deliver advertisements that are meaningful to you. Our third-party advertising partners may use the Cookies to build a profile of your interests, deliver relevant advertising on other websites, and measure the effectiveness of the advertisements.
How to Manage Cookies
If you wish to prevent Cookies from tracking your activity on our Site or your visits across multiple websites, you can set your browser to block certain Cookies or notify you when a Cookie is set. If you block Cookies, certain features on our Site may not work. For more information on how you can customize your browser’s Cookie setting please visit the link corresponding to your web browser below:
- Internet Explorer
Our systems do not recognize browser “Do Not Track” signals, but you may opt out of interest-based advertising in general by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s or Network Advertising Initiative’s websites. We are not responsible for the completeness, effectiveness, or accuracy of any third-party opt-out options or programs.
How We Use Information and When We May Share and Disclose Information Generally
We use your Personal Information to:
- provide you access to the Site;
- better understand access and use our Site, both on an aggregated and individualized basis;
- maintain, support, and improve our Site;
- respond to user preferences, and for research and analytical purposes;
- respond to your requests or questions; and, otherwise communicate with you about West Pace.
Personal Information You Make Available to Others
By using the Site, you may make some of your Personal Information available to others. For example, when you post a comment, photo, or other content, other users may see the information that you choose to make available.
From time to time, we may establish a business relationship with other businesses who have confirmed that their privacy practices are consistent with ours (“Service Providers”). For example, we may contract with Service Providers to provide services such as hosting and maintenance, data storage and management, and marketing and promotions. We only provide our Service Providers with the information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. Each Service Provider must agree to use reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information involved to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Service Providers are prohibited from using Personal Information other than as specified by West Pace.
Notice to California Residents
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, you may opt out of the sharing of your Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To do so, please e-mail us at email@example.com and clearly state your request, including your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number.
California users under the age of 18 may request the removal of their content or information publicly posted on the Site by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may share Personal Information and Usage Data with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with our organization. If our organization is subject to a merger, change in control event, acquisition, or sale, or in the event of a transfer of some or all of our assets, we may disclose or transfer Personal Information and Usage Data in connection with such transaction.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
We cooperate with government and law enforcement agencies and private parties when required by law. We may disclose your Personal Information to government or law enforcement agencies or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate to respond to legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas); to protect the safety, property, or rights of our company or of any third party; to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity; or to otherwise comply with the law.
Third-Party Websites and Links
The Site is intended for users who are 18 years old or older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records.
Processing in the United States
Your Personal Information and communications are maintained on servers and databases located in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store all information in the United States. By using the Site, you are agreeing to the collection, use, processing, storage, and transfer of your Personal Information to servers located in the United States.