Our team at Gary and Mary West PACE are making the necessary arrangements to ensure our Adult Day Health Center in San Marcos, CA will be ready to welcome our participants for in-person recreational activities and meal services.
Since March 2020, we continued to serve our participants in a safe manner, focusing on their health and needs as a priority. Our full-service medical clinic designed just for seniors has remained open and our providers have continued seeing participants who have active medical issues at scheduled appointment times. We paused our recreational services to prevent gathering of people and to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Participants should feel at ease coming back to our day center. Here’s what you can expect when you visit our Adult Day Health Center when we re-open in May 2021:
- All staff at center have been fully vaccinated and will continue to wear PPE.
- Daily temperatures and COVID assessments are administered to participants and staff prior to center entrance.
- Furniture and equipment will be cleaned and sanitized before and after every use.
- All participants that are enjoying social activities and meals at the Center have been fully vaccinated and will continue to wear PPE, except for mealtimes with other fully vaccinated cohorts.
- Participants who have elected to NOT be vaccinated will continue to come to Center for their scheduled clinical appointments but will not be able to engage in meals or social activities with a group of other participants.
- We will be transporting up to 3 fully vaccinated participants at a time for their scheduled times at the Day Center, in our vans (non-vaccinated participants will be transported in our vans at a smaller ratio, and separately from those fully vaccinated).
Additionally, we will operate at a reduced operational capacity to start, and will re-evaluate as necessary, and per Federal and State guidelines, to adjust the daily attendance at the Center. Participants who have elected to NOT be vaccinated will continue to come to our Center for their scheduled clinical appointments but will not be able to engage in meals or social activities with a group of other participants.
The social isolation that seniors experienced became even more prevalent during the pandemic. By opening our doors to our vibrant Adult Day Health Center, we aim to bring smiles to the faces of our participants and once again engage in meaningful in-person recreational activities that keep seniors engaged and connected.
If you or a loved one are 55 or older, live in North County San Diego, and meet state requirements for nursing home level of care, contact us today to see if enrolling in our program is right for you. We also welcome you to schedule a tour of our center. Call 760-280-2230 or email us today.