Seniors have unique dietary needs. Whether it is a food allergy, diabetes, or the need for food that is easy to swallow, our team at Gary and Mary West PACE makes sure that each meal is tailored to the participant’s personal requirements.
Our registered dietician at Gary and Mary West PACE knows the important role a healthy, nutritious diet plays in a participant’s overall health and well-being. The dietician meets with each participant and makes recommendations for healthy choices and meals based on individual needs and preferences.
How We Manage Meals and Food for Seniors in San Diego, CA
We always ensure that the registered dieticians and kitchen staff work together so that each participant receives exactly what they need. Our cooking methods allow us to preserve the nutrients in the food we serve. All our ingredients are bought fresh and sourced in accordance with seasonal availability.
Simple things like providing the participants something to keep them hydrated throughout the day are also taken care of. Our team of dieticians make sure that seniors consume the right balance of protein, carbs, minerals and nutrients everyday
During the initial visit and as part of the care planning process, the GMWP registered dietician will:
- Speak with the participant and their family about food access in the home
- Record current weight
- Make a note of any current medications
- Complete a self-reported assessment of one’s ability to chew, the condition of the teeth, and the ability to swallow
- Provide education related to diet, nutrition and management of chronic conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, etc.
- When participants visit the center, they will also receive a nutritious hot meal during the day. Based on input from the IDT as well as individual needs, meals may also be delivered to one’s home throughout the week.
Get in Touch
Need more information? Feel free to reach out to us to inquire further about our meal management plans. At Gary and Mary West PACE, we serve some of the finest meals for seniors in San Diego.